On 2005-12-06 15:19, Martin Tournoy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok, stupid question perhaps, but what is "top-posting", I'm new to the
> whole mailling list stuff, so if you can explain a bit I won't do it
> anymore....
>
> On 06 Dec 2005 10:12:40 -0500, Lowell Gilbert
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Don't top-post, please.

Top-posting is what you did just now.  Quoting the original message
near the bottom of your post and adding your reply on top of it.

It tends to create silly 'nested threads' of messages like the one
below:

    Oh, I see.

    -----

    Because you have to read the 'thread' of messages and their
    replies in an entirely backwards order.

    -----

    So why is top-posting bad?