Steven Lake wrote:
At 07:30 PM 12/18/2005 +0300, Andrew P. wrote:

On 12/18/05, Steven Lake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>         Ok, got a weird one here.  Got cups setup with our
> new office lan printer and I can print just fine from any
> program, EXCEPT Mozilla and Firefox.  They go through
> the motions, but nothing happens.  Nothing shows up in
> the que or the access or error logs or anything.      Am I
> missing something?  My research via google into this
> found me several pages that mentioned something about
> 'msttcorefonts', but after some playing with this they don't
> seem to be installable on freebsd.  Any suggestions?

I think x11-fonts/webfonts may be referenced as msttcorefonts
in other distributions. I can't explain why, but try to install the
print/gtklp port and change the print command in firefox to
gtklp.

Installed webfonts and gtklp and restarted x and no go still. :( One thing I did notice is that all the others go to a normal print window, but the two browsers go to some custom printing screen and say something about "postscript/printer_name" instead of the normal KDE cups installed printer. Would that possibly cause part of the issue?

Firefox isn't a KDE app, so by default is uses /usr/bin/lpr unless you specifically set it to use another print interface. Unfortunately Firefox 1.5's whole printing system is pretty buggy right now - almost to the point of unusability on my system. If it was working properly you'd go File->Print select the printer you want to edit, click Properties and set the command to either /usr/local/bin/lpr (for the lpr interface to CUPS) or kprinter (for the KDE interface to CUPS). Unfortunately this official method is not working for me. I've had to edit the prefs.js directly in order to maintain printing ability.

HTH,
Micah