On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 07:08:40PM -0800, Jeff D. Hamann wrote:
> I've been noticing this message on startup (using dmesg)
>
> acpi_perf0: invalid _PSS package
>
> and can't figure out what it is, what it's for and why there are so many?

It's related to powernow somehow.  The powernow driver use ACPI in order
to get the needed configuration information.  Unfortunately, some BIOS
provide buggy _PSS packages.  It's likely harmless since other _PSS
packages are OK.  But to be sure, it would help if you provide a dump
of the acpi tables somewhere on the web, or, if you can't, send them
privately to me.  An acpidump -d -t will give us this information.

Note that the kernel log flood is already fixed under -current.
This will be MFC'ed soon to RELENG_6.

--
Bruno Ducrot

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.