Marc G. Fournier wrote:
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, lars wrote:

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

I'm looking at deploying some HP servers in the new year,and one thing that I'm finding a drawback is that their iLO, as far as I can tell, would require me to open on browser window for ever server I want to monitor remotely ...

Does anyone know of any tools (OSS, preferably runs on FreeBSD) that would allow me to almalgamate and monitor multiple DL servers from one window?

Doesn't HP's iLO have an SSH interface?

From what I've been able to tell so far (not having a physical machine to

play with yet) is that its purely web based ... for something that is meant to be deployed in a server room, you'd think they'd have some sort of 'integration' tool :(
AFAIK HP's "integration tool" is HP OpenView, whether you want to use that
is up to you. Opinions on it's quality vary.

But for the SSH bit of iLO, I just logged into one of our servers.
It has an SSH interface. The iLO command line is a bit odd, but usable.

So remotely power cycling or marking a server from a Unix box is doable.
IIRC you can even load your own key file via the web interface and
henceforth log in automagically without interactively entering a password.