Michael P. Soulier wrote:
On 12/18/05, Shantanoo Mahajan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Daemontools can be found out by:

cd /usr/ports && make search name=daemontools

Where are these make options in ports documented? I'd like to know all
of the options available in ports. I usually just cd /usr/ports && ls
-d */*daemontools*

1] There is a script for searching the ports too.  Check out
/usr/ports/Tools/scripts
for the portsearch script, and it's "man" page, README.portsearch. Plenty of
search options
in there.

2] I normally just use the freebsd.org ports web page to search for a port. It
has the
best interface.

3] I talk about the ports Makefile here:
http://freebsd.amazingdev.com/blog/archives/000140.html

A target that tells me what a port has in the way of options would be nice too.

For that, you just need to read the Makefile in the port folder.  It's usually
pretty
self explanatory.
--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
Daemon Dancing in the Dark, a FreeBSD weblog:

UNIX is user-friendly. It's just a bit picky about who its friends are.