On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 11:09:12AM -0600, Jack L. Stone wrote:
> I've looked for a good set of working examples of packeting forwarding
> using ipfw, but no luck yet. I'm wondering if the following rule would work
> for sending packets received on the gateway to a machine on the internal
> network (LAN)...???
>
> # ipfw add fwd tcp from 65.xxx.zzz.yyy to 192.168.0.5 <port#>

Err... you need an IP number and possibly a port number after the
'fwd', which is what the 'next hop' address is set to for packets that
match the rest of the line:

    ipfw add fwd 123.45.67.89 tcp from 65.xxx.zzz.yyy to 192.168.0.5 port

Note that the packet itself isn't rewritten at all, so you will have
to put in place something on the destination machine to accept
packets destined the original address.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way