Pete Slagle wrote:
Donald J. O'Neill wrote:
On Thursday 30 March 2006 17:53, Albert Shih wrote:
 Le 30/03/2006 à 14:42:10-0800, Micah a écrit
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

1.5.0.1_2 was commited last night, so it's probably a recent
breakage. I just found a bug report on it at
So we have four confirmed cases of firefox not working.
five...but not for firefox...for thunderbird (well I don't use it at

Same problem when I try to laucnh thunderbird, nothing append, no
error..

Regards.

using : FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE

This happened to me also, until I remembered this has happened before and what to try. Login as root, start the GUI (mine is KDE), open a terminal program and start firefox from there. After that, I had no problems. It's working fine.

Surprisingly, this worked perfectly for me with FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE, although I didn't take the time to figure out why.

I didn't even restart the GUI, I just ran Firefox and Thunderbird from a xterm window as root, and then exited them. All fixed.

I remember this being the Linux way to install the mozilla suite. Install, run as root first, then run as user. I never had to do that in FreeBSD. I'll try it as soon as I get back.

- Micah