RW wrote:
On Tuesday 20 June 2006 15:15, B. Cook wrote:
Hello all,

I'm looking at what I think is the right answer.. but can't make sense
of it..

basically I have a couple of mailservers that run exim and dnscache, all
being called out of daemontools.

but I can't seem to figure out how to make svscan start first..

I don't see what you are getting at here, if exim and dnscache are started by svscan, then by defininition svscan *is* starting first.

Yes svscan starts dnscache and exim, but many services depend on dns (dnscache is setup on loopback) so I have to wait (for up to 3 minutes) for dns timeouts to occour so that they boot can continue, and finally get to starting svscan (quite low in the dictionary order of things)

So I'm looking for how I can control the order that things start up in.

I've since changed the order by prepending 000, 010, 020, etc.. to startup script, but I just thought there was a way to manipulate it and not disrupt installs and plist related startup script.