Jerry McAllister wrote:
Hi All,

I recently installed Firefox 1.5 on a FreeBSD 6.1 system.
Mostly it seems to work fine with some apparent finickyness about odd character sets. Since it does not include Email, I also installed Thunderbird which works as its own standalone.

But, when I am looking at a web page that has a 'mailto:' in a tag and I click on the link to send a message to whoever, nothing
happens - presumably because there is no mail handler in Firefox.

So, how, in FreeBSD 6.xxx do I deal with this? Can I make it call up something like a plugin or whatever to handle that mailto: Email item. I haven't found anything that looks like a configuration item for such as that.

Thanks for any help you can give,

////jerry

use about:config in Firefox and set network.protocol-handler.app.mailto to /usr/X11R6/bin/thunderbird

There are similar settings to get thunderbird to open http links in firefox.

HTH,
Micah