dick hoogendijk wrote:
On 14 Dec Bastiaan Welmers wrote:

One nasty thing is that when afterwards installing a package requiring
gamin, it will fail with errors. To prevent this you could just "fake"
the pkg db that gamin is installed however actually fam libraries are
installed.

And how exactly is this "faking" done? I'm no fan of gamin too and if
possible I compiled my programs for fam. But this sounds nice ;-)

Not sure what the original poster was refering to, but I just put WITH_FAM_SYSTEM=fam in my /etc/make.conf back when they first started changing ports over to gamin, and have not had any problems since.

HTH,
Micah