On Mar 14, 2007, at 2:56 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to write a script to delete all line that include a certain
pattern in an output file. I sending information to one of our Security
people and they take this data and create a spreadsheet on the
information, I have a constant reoccurring lines within the output file that they do not need. I'm trying to use the sed command to remove lines
that fits a certain pattern but it does not appear to remove anything.

Any helpful ideas or any useful links to scripts.

Thanks so much..

Bruce Stitt
TSYS Hosting Services
Voice 706-644-0965

As mentioned, when doing simple regex replacements in Unix, some good languages / programs to use are:

grep <- extraction only
sed <- simple extraction / replacement
perl <- the kitchen sink

-Garrett