On 3/20/07, Jeffrey Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello all,
I recently installed the port openssh-portable. Since then I receive the
following when attempting to ssh into the box:

Permission denied (publickey).

I believe that I am getting this because sshd is attempting to use public
key authentication, but I don't want to use this at this point. I am not
sure what to do to be able to ssh into this box. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Jeff
[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Are you trying to use PasswordAuthentication? if so you need to enable it in
/etc/ssh/sshd_config and restart sshd.
see man sshd_config for details.

thanks,
jeremy