On Apr 17, 2007, at 11:45 AM, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

Is there some setting I should set so that in future crashes will be dumped there [/var/crash]?

Never mind, I've just found what I needed in man rc.conf, I've now set dumpdev and dumpdir in rc.conf and am rebuilding the kernel with debugging.

It's been a long time since I've looked at a core dump, and I don't think I've ever looked at a kernel dump. And now I'm not sure whether I want the system to crash again (so that I can try to figure out what the problem is) or not.

Cheers,

-j