Dhananjaya hiremath WROTE:
Hello sir,

Here we installed the FreeBSD 6.2 release and did the check out operation.Now
we want to di rebuild the system by using
# make buildworld
but it giving error as make: don't know how to make buildworld. Stop
 another thing is that my /usr/src/ dir has only gnu and etc, but in handbook
it is written as check the UPDATING in the dir /src. But there is no such
file.So now how to rebuild the system. We checked the FreeBSD handbook aslo we
are not getting the correct answers from there.
Can you please let us know how did you checkout the sources? (e.g. what commands you executed) Since you have no /src directory, the checkout was not successful. Or maybe it downloaded the files to the wrong place.

  Laszlo