On May 7, 2007, at 12:55 PM, L Goodwin wrote:

I need to buy a UPS for a FreeBSD 6.2 fileserver.
The APC model I was going to buy is over-priced at
local stores, so I'm looking at other brands available
locally.

The CyberPower CP800AVR 800VA/450W UPS has USB and
RS-232 ports and supports auto-shutdown for Linux (and
Mac OS X).

I am fairly confident that apcupsd (in ports) will support many cyberpower UPSes, but I haven't found a definitive statement. You may wish to ask on the apcupsd-users mailing list.

Cheers,

-j