The format of the statement to add
is ifconfig_xxxx=up where xxxx is the NIC's FBSD interface name used
by PPPoE that you specified in the /etc/ppp/ppp.conf file.
ee /etc/rc.conf # add following statements ifconfig_xxxx=up

I've not needed to do this,

ifconfig_tun0="DHCP"    # get your ISP assigned IP address

PPP has its own mechanism for getting an IP address and dns server
addresses. You don't normally need to specify DHCP for the interface.
I'm now totally confused. I tried this configuration also, but the connection still drops in every 3 hours. Can it be a problem with the ISP? I'm going to do a stress test with another computer to see if the ADSL line is stable or not.

Regards,

  Laszlo