On Oct 11, 2007, at 11:10 AM, Yuri Pankov wrote:

Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

So is there a way to have bind listening on the only interface and IP address the host can have give different answers depending on where the query comes from?

You can use BIND's "view" statement:
http://www.isc.org/sw/bind/arm94/ Bv9ARM.ch06.html#view_statement_grammar

Thank you and others who have pointed out the the view statement in BIND 9 does exactly what I want. I (obviously) hadn't been aware of the view statement until now.

I'd also like to thank Jonathan Horne who off-list pointed me to a detailed article with examples he wrote that covers precisely my case.

-j