Frank Jahnke wrote:
VMs in general are a problem on Free. There is an effort to port the
most recent VMware Workstation by a very good man.  I do hope this
works, because right now things in the VM world on FreeBSD truly are
bleak.

Frank

What is the status of that project if I may ask ? I did some research on it some time ago but the best I could find was that there was someone porting vmware-workstation 4.5.X to FreeBSD allthough there were quite a lot problems so there wasn't much progress it seemed.

Anyway; VM's and FreeBSD don't go well indeed :( vmware3 is just outdated, it won't work as Xen host (yet; .. it was on the SoC list, but I'm not sure how much has become of it ) and qemu is a nice attempt but it's just not good enough ( especially since kqemu locks up my system in CURRENT ). It would be great if FreeBSD could be a VM-host.

--
-Frank Staals