On Nov 8, 2007, at 6:40 PM, Jack Barnett wrote:

James Jeffery wrote:
Was wondering.

Can i put FreeBSD on a Quicksilver G4?

I know it already has Tiger on it, which is BSD based, but i have no
use for Tiger at the moment.
At college were using Windows, and my old BSD box now has windows on
it so that i can keep
up with college assignments.

I still have BSD on the box, but on another partition, i loved FreeBSD
7, was really getting the
hang of it and testing out its web server capabilities, its a
nightmare switching the PC on and
off just to run a temp web server to test on.

Is it possible or is there a better solution?

Cheers

You could also run FreeBSD inside of VMWare on your windows box.
IIRC the VMWare software is free for Windows.
There is also a port for FreeBSD (to run Windows in a VMWare with FreeBSD as the host) - but it hasn't been updated in a long time.
for that matter, couldn't you run dual boot with windows and FreeBSD? (Like you can with Windows and Linux?)
JK