On Jan 9, 2008, at 1:32 PM, Chuck Swiger wrote:

Do you have an entry like:

 default-lease-time 100000;

...in your dhcpd.conf?

For the particular subnet, I've got this

   default-lease-time 14400;
   max-lease-time 172800;

That might help convince the Wii to keep hold of its lease for a longer period of time without continuously renewing it every few minutes.

Unfortunately that doesn't help. But I thank you and others for this suggestion.

I'll try setting min-lease-time (currently unset) to something like 1200 and see if that helps.

 Otherwise, talk to Sega or whoever about their DHCP client...

You and others have made the same comment. Even if Nintendo's DHCP client is obnoxious, I certainly have a greater chance of gaining a better understanding of what is going on by asking here than by approaching Nintendo.

Basically what I wanted to know is whether what I'm seeing is anything to worry about. The answer is "apparently not".

Cheers,

-j