Robert Huff wrote:
Robin Becker writes:
 I'm trying to figure out what caused an unplanned shutdown of a
 freebsd 6.0 server; I see this in the last output
reboot ~ Thu Apr 24 06:15
 shutdown         ~                         Thu Apr 24 06:10
but cannot see anybody having been logged in at the time. Is
 there any way I can trace the origin of the shutdown command?

        I see a time like that, my gut suspicion for the shutdown is
"something drive y a cro job".

                        Robert Huff

I've looked at the various cron jobs and cannot see anything that looks suspicious. Root only has an ntp job which runs at 01:17. The one other user with a crontab has jobs running at *:19 and 03:13. Looked in /var/crash and see minfree from 2005.
--
Robin Becker