I have just updated my recent article on journaling for desktops:

http://store.itsyourftp.com/~sonic2000gr/freebsd/gjournal-desktop/article.html

Main differences:

- The abstract is somewhat shorter

- Separate providers for journal and data are needed only when the partition to be journaled is not empty. This is now clarified in the "Understanding journaling" section.

- A new section "Journaling new partitions" was added (explains how to use a single provider for data / journal on an empty/new partition and how to set the size of the journal)

- A "further reading" section was added with a few links related to journaling.

- Various other small fixes in content / markup.

Please review this new revision and send me your comments.

Thanks
Manolis