Hello,

I'm pretty sure I've done all the necessary steps to be able to ssh to my FreeBSD box using pam_ldap, but I'm getting "Invalid credentials" errors whenever I try (I can successfully perform an ldapsearch operation though).

Here are snippets from my config:

     [/etc/nsswitch.conf]
     passwd: files ldap

     [/etc/pam.d/sshd]
     auth            sufficient       /usr/local/lib/pam_ldap.so
     auth            required        pam_unix.so

     [/usr/local/etc/ldap.conf]
     base o=brookes
     uri ldap://ldap.brookes.ac.uk:389/
     scope one

And here is the error:

Jul 18 19:19:41 vh1a9f58 sshd[19601]: pam_ldap: error trying to bind as user "uid=p0036343,o=Brookes" (Invalid credentials)

Incidentally, the following ldapsearch query _IS_ successful, and returns me some details about user 'jsmith'

ldapsearch -H ldap://ldap.brookes.ac.uk -b 'o=brookes' -x -W -D 'uid=me,o=Brookes' uid=jsmith

I'm really stumped on this one... can anyone help please?

Many thanks,
Steve :)