Steve Bertrand wrote:
Robby Balona wrote:

I love qmail also.. but didn't do well under heavy smtp load in my environment. I put qmail +vpopmail + qmailadmin +clamav+dovecot+spamassasin + assap +squirrelmail together.

I use Qmail on almost all of our SMTP servers. On the ones that only house a couple hundred email addresses, your setup works flawlessly in our environment.

On the boxes with 10k+ email accounts, I do away with all of the filtering stuff, and front-end the Qmail/Vpopmail boxes with third party appliances.

From what I can tell, it's the filtering processes that are the bottleneck under heavy load. Take them out of the equation and load is no longer an issue.

Just my .02.

Steve