Le 05/09/2008 à 11:33:59-0400, Sean Cavanaugh a écrit

> > Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 16:14:02 +0200> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org> Subject: portsnap in cron and
> > firewall> > Hi all> > I've some servers for internal use. On those
> > servers I have some pf (or> ipfw) rule to deny any connection from
> > inside to outside. > > Long time ago when ports tree is update with
> > cvs, I'm using something like> > pf command to open inside -->
> > outside connection> cvsup > portupgrade --fetch-only --all> pf
> > command to close inside --> outside connection> > But now with
> > portsnap cron (that's mean random sleep) I don't known when> the
> > system try to connect outside. > > Do you have any idea how can I
> > make my update using portsnap (I known I can> use cvsup) in a
> > crontab with my network config ? >
>
> "portsnap cron" just randomizes the time to download unlike "portsnap
> fetch" which says to do it right now. cron was added to help randomize
> the time so everyone syncing at midnight UTC arent all hitting at
> exact same time.

Yes I known. That's why I'm asking you how can I make portsnap through the
cron and opening firewall just before he going to make the connection.

Of course I can hack the portsnap to make he don't try to see if it's fork
by cron or not. But it's not a good idea IMHO, what's happen if all person
do that ?

Regards.

--
Albert SHIH