On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 21:40:27 +0800
Fbsd1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have inclusive firewall rule set which means only packets matching
> the rules are passed through. The inbound hight port numbers are
> blocked by design.
>
> How do other firewall users code rules to allow limewire to work?

Hi,
i think there are a few interesting posts in this thread (and several
corrections about p2p 'evilness', which is good :P ).

A thread that may be of interest was started on net@ earlier in the year - look
for :

From: Mike Makonnen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Application layer classifier for ipfw
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:02:29 +0300

- it refers to ipfw, not pf.
- I think there was at least another thread following up on this with working
code,etc.

of course, DPI-style checks won't work (at all, or in a scalable fashion) as
soon as users start encrypting their packets :P

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying  I approved of
it."
  Mark Twain

Warned.