Glen Barber wrote:
On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 7:01 AM, Wojciech Puchar
<woj...@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:
software installation CPU/RAM needs), run the dialog(3) interface.  If
it's
a fast 686, default to a X environment.
nonsense. please stop this stupid discussion at all.

just use linux or windows (maybe PC-BSD) if it's important for you.

This discussion is not about Linux or Windows.  It is about a
graphical installer.  If you are not going to contribute anything
useful to the discussion, close your email client.

And why is a graphical installer needed or even wanted? As several people, including, I believe, Wojciech, pointed out, it would just make the installation process slower without adding anything useful to functionality. Concentrate on function and flexibility instead of eye candy. And I tend to agree with Polyptron about language. I have several friends who wouldn't dream of using a system that's English only. Simply because they do not understand it well enough.

--

Rolf Nielsen