On Sep 13, 2009, at 2:53 PM, Mario Lobo <ml...@digiart.art.br> wrote:

Sorry to put a lame question here but I need a little feedback as to keep my
hopes up or bury them.

I have an old sound board (echo gina20) that I need to keep using (for $$$ reasons), but I also must upgrade my OSes to 64 bits. There are XP 32bit drivers but no XP 64bit ones for it. There are no Gina20 drivers for freebsd
but there IS a Mac OS X driver for it!.

Is it possible to use a Mac driver on FreeBSD?

In a word, no. If you have access to the source it should be possible to port the driver, but there's no reason to assume the effort would be trivial.

Has this ever been tried or
done? should I bury my hopes?

See above. Drivers do get ported between OSes all the time but there's no magic involved. FreeBSD and Darwin have very different kernel origins. Snow Leopard may be your friend.

JN