On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 05:25:57PM -0700, Steve Franks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Tried to get any permutation of XYZ-jre or XYZ-jdk installed on 8-rc1
> and gave up.  I see still no diablo for 8.  What is the best way
> forward (and how am I so dense that no one else has even asked this
> question, I must be on the wrong track, no?

You need to install compat7 and diablo-6. This will enable you to
build your 'seed' openjdk6 port; which you can package and transfer to
other hosts. You can remove compat7 and diablo-6 once openjdk6 has
been installed; as openjdk6 can be used to rebuild itself during
upgrades.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <j...@chen.org.nz>