Hello all,

I started using FreeBSD about a week ago, and I really like the system. Have been using Linux for the last few years.

One noob question though, according to the Handbook on Packages and Ports, I can use packages for either RELEASE, STABLE, or CURRENT.

How exactly would this compare to Linux?
Is it that CURRENT is like Fedora(bleeding-edge and somewhat unstable), and STABLE is like RedHat Enterprise Linux (older versions of software, but very stable)?

Which one should I use? I am currently using RELEASE.
I am not looking for bleeding edge. I'm after stability.

Kind regards,
Coert