2011-01-25 19:37, J. Porter Clark skrev:
On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 07:28:25PM +0100, Rolf Nielsen wrote:
2011-01-25 19:13, J. Porter Clark skrev:
On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 03:29:37PM +0100, Rolf Nielsen wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.
You need to first label da0s1d

e.g. like so

glabel label data da0s1d

then geli init the labeled device

e.g. like so

geli init -l 256 -s 4096 label/data

Unfortunately, this step overwrites the label.

It does not. I just tested it with a file backed md device, and
hexdumped it after each step (creating the file, mdconfig it, label the
md device and encrypting it).
After the first two steps, I got just zeros, after labeling it, I got
the last sector containing the label, and after encrypting it, I got the
second last sector (i.e. the last sector of the labeled device)
containing the eli data and the last secor still containing the label.

If it does overwrite the label, you most likely specified the da0s1d to
the geli init command. You need to specify label/data (replace "data"
with the name you choose).

Ah!  That is, in fact, exactly what I did.  I didn't realize
that the glabeled device was actually shrunk by 1 sector.

Thanks!

You're welcome. Hope you got it working in the end. :)