Greetings,
I am running Freebsd 4.7-stable.  I was instructed to install
apache with frontpage extensions on our internal webserver.
Discussing at lenght why we shouldn't do that resulting in
no movement on managements part.  So......  here's what
I did (Thanks to Scot Hetzel for the steps).

I already had apache13 installed, configured.  I didn't want
any messes and mod_frontpage looked messy.  So
(after trying all the wrong stuff),

1. cd /usr/ports/www/apache13
    make deinstall.
2. cd /usr/ports/www/apache13-fp
    make
    make install.
    This will also cause the running of fp_install.sh.  So have
    your frontpage info ready.
3.  Here's where I got stuck.  You can't start the apache server like
     A) # /usr/local/sbin/apachectl start
        OR
     B) #/usr/local/sbin/apachectl start_FP

     You must start it: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache.sh start

Once I did this, I was able to publish from Frontpage 2000 to
my apache webserver.

I have not yet been successful in implimenting named virtual hosts
with frontpage extension, so that part of the story continues.

thanks for the help,
Darryl