On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 02:25:46PM +0930,
 Adam Smith probably wrote:
> On Wed
>
> > $ readelf -d /usr/local/bin/pdftex |grep NEEDED
> >
> >  0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libpng.so.5]
> >  0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libz.so.2]
> >  0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libm.so.2]
> >  0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libc.so.4]
>
> Gah!  There are quite a few.  Still, some of these I'll already have so
> it's still a case of installing libraries one by one :(
>
> Do you (or anyone!) know exactly how to go about installing some of these
> Linux libraries?  I mean, I can't just go and download libgmodule-2.0.so.0
> and install it, can I?  If so, how, or where do I need to go to get them?

Downloading and installing the libraries is required, but I can't tell
for sure if that's sufficient.

> I guess I was kind of thinking, and I hate to use the analagy, of DLLs.
> Being able to go and find one of these libraries, install it into my Linux
> compat/lib directory and then run the application.

Try it. It may require brandelf'ing those libraries. I once tried linux
emulation, but shortly after I found everything I needed was also ported
to FreeBSD to run natively, so I stopped using it.

>  0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libmanylibshere]

One other concern is that you may need to readelf the newly downloaded
libraries too, as they may reference other libraries not in your list
yet.

--
DoubleF
Too much of everything is just enough.