Well, I dunno how, but X works.  Using /stand/sysintall,
        I created a new XF86Config using the script.  I increased
        the resolution to 1280x1024  just in case I ever got X
        to boot.

        I did clean a lot of crap out on /tmp; other than that,
        this is one major mystery.  I'd pay a dollar to know
        *why*.  I sure hope FBSD is more stable for here on.

        --Now to  get on with my mail filtering stuff.

        gary

        (PS: I can just imagine me on my death-bed, wondering WHY... :)

--
   Gary Kline     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org     Public service Unix