Laszlo Antal wrote:

Hi,

I am new to Bsd. I did a lot of research on the net which book should I start with.
I got two of them. I can not deside which one should I start.
Here are my books::
- The Complet FreeBSD. 4th Edition
From O'Reilly, Greg Lehey.

- Absolute BSD The ultimate guide to FreeBSD.
 From Michael Lucas.

Since i did not read both of those book (sorry greg and michael) i read the handbook, which gives also good information (but not a hardcover, though you can order that at bsdmall.com)

the handbook is located here: http://www.freebsd.org/handbook

Thank you for all the advise.

Laszlo

One more questione the complete freebsd covers
Bsd 5. I have the FreeBsd 4.8.
Do I need to buy the version 5 ??

You can , but you can also download it for free :-) If you are intersted checkout the website on how to obtain it :-)

Cheers

Thank you again --lantal

--
Kind regards,

Remko Lodder                   |[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reporter DSINet                |[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Projectleader Mostly-Harmless  |[EMAIL PROTECTED]