On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 01:23:23PM +1030, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
: > Older revisions of the O'Reilly book cover the Berkeley make.
:
: No, unfortunately not.  Firstly this is a completely different book,
: and secondly the old (Oram/Talbott) book also didn't cover Berkeley
: Make.  There's a little in my book "Porting UNIX Software" (out of
: print but available at http://www.lemis.com/grog/PUS/.  It's not very
: much, though.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.  I have a new project at work which
will be developed under Linux, and I was hoping to write makefiles that
would work under both OSes using the same make command.  But now I'm not
so sure that will work.  I don't understand why BSD make and GNU make
diverged so much.

P.S.  Greg, my wife just bought me a homebrew kit for our 1-year
anniversary.  I found your homebrew pages (especially the BSD-based
temperature controller) quite enlightening.  :-)

jm