On Wed, May 05, 2021 at 07:33:23PM +0000, Glen Barber wrote:
> On Wed, May 05, 2021 at 09:16:19PM +0200, Gordon Bergling wrote:

> > > Do you have lib32 compatibility installed on the build host?  I.e., do
> > > you have WITHOUT_LIB32 defined in your src.conf?
> > >
> > > Glen
> >
> > lib32 compatibility should be installed, the src.conf of the buildsystem
> > (recent 12-STABLE) only has the following entries defined:
> >
> > WITH_PIE=1
> > WITH_RETPOLINE=1
> >

> Hmm.  I can't see why this would be failing for you then.  I routinely
> do this every week for the development snapshots.
>
> Is there a chance your system is somehow mismatched regarding userland
> and kernel?  What version is the build host running?  What does
> 'uname -UK' show?
>
> libedit(3) was bumped on Feb 1, 2021 following an update to ncurses(3).
> My gut tells me these may be related.

I was somehow mistaken how the release.sh process works. I have a local tree
with some modifications to the i386 GENERIC kernel config to hopefully get
FreeBSD
booted on an old Thinkpad X31. Just starting a release build with the default
i386.conf always checks out HEAD, no matter of what branch I started the release
build from.

--Gordon