martinko wrote:
Bartosz Stec wrote:
Well it's not simple indeed. I use ZFS on my home (not critical) box (RAIDZ1). After 4 weeks uptime with varied workload I assumed it's stable. Unfortunately ZFS crashed next week ;)

How did it crash ?  Just the system went down or did you lose any data ?

Read my previous email on tuning your system so ZFS doesn't crash.

I'm planning to build new home server and put all my valuable data on ZFS but after reading all the mailing lists I'm not so sure about it. :(

I've been using it on a shared machine with hundreds of customers for over 8 months. It has worked flawlessly. People who complain about the crashes often have not searched the net for: "freebsd zfs tuning".

Speaking of losing data on a ZFS system, I haven't yet (knock on wood) had a disk failure. Anyone have a disk failure occur and have an easy/hard time replacing the bad disk?

Rudy