On Wed, 18 Mar 2009, Robert Noland wrote:

Ok, so it isn't the gart caching... Can you get me a pointer to a screenshot?

fetch http://www.tharned.org/rv380-drm-issue.tbz
This archive contains various logs and system configuration files as well as screen shot images. Look at the README file for a description of the images.

What is garbled exactly? Is the damage constrained to specific windows or it it the entire framebuffer?

The entire frame buffer is garbled; switching to syscons and back seems to change the way it's garbled. However, the interior of an xterm window is never garbled. I'm running a dual-head configuration with the frame buffer spanning both monitors.

--
Greg Rivers