At 07:53 AM 3/26/2009, Jack L. Stone wrote:
>    >> SOLUTION
>    >> The "clones" are a very important pasrt of our backup program.
Since the
>    >> dump side of the problems simply stuck and provided no error
message at all
>    >> and the errors from any restores were not useful, our only solution
was to
>    >> revert back to FBSD-6.3 on those servers with this issue and
dump/restore
>    >> went back to working again. We left those that were working on
FBSD-7.0-R
>    >> and they continue to work okay.

Thanks for the reply. Forgot to mention, our machines are all i386 with the
problem -- so are the ones without the problem.

Yes, I found that patch too and tried it on one of the servers -- no joy.

Guess we'll continue to wait also for now. Maybe 7.2/i386....or, until
someone finds the solution since we're out of ideas and stuck with 6.3 in
order to use dump that we have trusted.

Hi,
I didnt see it in the thread clearly, but did you try creating a dump without the -L... i.e. without snapshots enabled ?

---Mike