I just updated my gateway machine to 7.3-PRERELEASE and immediately noticed
that natd no longer started (hard to miss, no outside network access).

It looks like the MFC of the firewall_coscripts function may be the cause
(cvs rev 1.15.2.3 to /usr/src/etc/rc.d/ipfw). These changes add the two lines
(along with other stuff):

                       ${_coscript} quietstart
                       ${_coscript} quietstop

I believe the problem is that neither "quietstart" or "quietstop" are
recognized as valid arguments in by /etc/rc.d/natd so natd isn't started.
Further, my hunch is that by removing the "quiet" prefix it will work (I'm
reluctant to try this at the moment as I am remote).

Bob

--
Bob Willcox             The shifts of Fortune test the reliability of friends.
b...@immure.com                -- Marcus Tullius Cicero