On 12/5/11 9:39 PM, Mike Andrews wrote:
On 12/1/2011 6:03 PM, Mike Andrews wrote:
On 11/28/11 5:48 PM, Ronald Klop wrote:
On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 23:37:27 +0100, Mike Andrews <mandr...@bit0.com> wrote:

*Sometimes* when booting 9.0-RC2 on *some* of my machines, I'll get
one of the following two panics during multiuser startup, usually
while running the /usr/local/etc/rc.d scripts. (The instruction
pointer is always exactly one of these two, and they look fairly
related.) If after two or three reboots it manages to not panic, the
system will run perfectly stable.

FYI this is still happening on 9.0-RC3 -- r228247 to be precise.

It only seems to be happening on one particular model of motherboard (Supermicro X8STi-F) but it is happening on several identical machines with them -- running on several other (mostly Supermicro) boards is just fine, including at least one with the exact same 82574L NICs.

Whoever's wanting to work on this, contact me off-list to get some more up to date console logs and the kernel config.

...or just look at the newly opened kern/163117 PR.