Nenhum_de_Nos schreef:
hail,

I write just to make sure its dead. I've lost the first disk on a ZFS pool
(jbod). Now I can't
mount it with only the second disk. The first disk clicks to death :(

[root@optimus ~]# zpool status
   pool: pool
  state: UNAVAIL
status: One or more devices could not be opened.  There are insufficient
         replicas for the pool to continue functioning.
action: Attach the missing device and online it using 'zpool online'.
    see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-3C
  scrub: none requested
config:

         NAME          STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
         pool          UNAVAIL      0     0     0  insufficient replicas
           label/zfs1  UNAVAIL      0     0     0  cannot open
           label/zfs2  ONLINE       0     0

I have a spare disk (blank), but even though I can't make it online again ...

is there any hope I can read the files in that disk ?

thanks,

matheus

If i read your pool correct, you do not have raidz, or a mirrored pool.
You are just striping the data on both disks. This means you cannot loose any disk in the pool.

In the future use a mirrored pool, or a raidz pool.
In this case the pool is lost.

regards
Johan Hendriks