On Jan 27, 2013, at 10:27 PM, John Mehr wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:03:35 -0500
>  "Isaac (.ike) Levy" <i...@blackskyresearch.net> wrote:
>> On Jan 25, 2013, at 8:27 PM, John Mehr wrote:
>>> Thank you for the kind words.  If all goes well (I'm still wearing my
>>> "Crown of Naive Optimism") I should have something ready for show-and-tell
>>> in the next week or so and I'll be submitting it as a new port soon after
>>> that.
>> John, Pullin' for you man!
>> If you make progress, please give a shout and I'll note it in this page:
>> https://wiki.freebsd.org/UsersFetchingSource
>> Best,
>> .ike
>
> Hello,
>
> I think I've got all of the protocol issues sorted out as good as they'll
> probably get.  I can't get the exact file permissions from the get-file
> requests -- it only lets me know which ones are executable.  Setting
> executables to 0755 and non-executables to 0644 would work for all files in
> my copy of /usr/src except for /usr/src/usr.bin/lex/mkskel.sh (0744) and
> /usr/src/usr.sbin/pkg_install/tkpkg (0754).  Since they're both executable
> for root, unless there's an issue, we could probably let it slide and assign
> them 0755 permissions.
>
> All I have left at this point is to add support for command line
> configuration options, add comments, tidy everything up, get it to conform to
> the "man style" guidelines and test it against a remote repository.

Hey Jonn, this news is better than my Monday AM coffee.

Once you have something working, however crudely, I'd love to
link/post/reference it on the growing wiki page- so folks can give it a whirl.
https://wiki.freebsd.org/UsersFetchingSource

(If this project succeeds, it will neatly get rid of the purpose of the page!)

Thanks-

Best,
.ike