On 2016-Jan-04 16:44:49 -0500, Mark Saad <nones...@longcount.org> wrote:
>On boot dmesg logs the following warning not seen on 10.2-RELEASE amd64.
>
>random device not loaded; using insecure entropy

When I first noticed this, I investigated and worked out that it's
related to how the random device initialises itself and its data and
entropy sources.  In particular, it reflects the state of the random
device at that point in time, not at any later point when random data
is actually requested.

I agree that the wording of this message could unnecessarily alarm a
sysadmin and think it could be done better.  IMHO, this sort of
alamist message should only be output if there is no decent entropy
source available when the random device is unblocked.

--
Peter Jeremy