On 05/16/2017 04:26 PM, Eric A. Borisch wrote:
On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 1:31 AM, Trond Endrestøl <
trond.endres...@fagskolen.gjovik.no> wrote:

I guess you had a /boot/zfs/zpool.cache file referring to the original
zroot pool. Next, the kernel found the vega pool and didn't realise
these two pools are the very same.

Assuming this is the case, shouldn't it be fixed? A check while importing
that the guid of the pool targeted for import is not in the set of
currently active guids would be worthwhile, but it -- apparently, if this
is reproducible -- doesn't exist?

Again, assuming this is reproducible.

It is reproducible. Except for a check in ZFS, I would also expect
that the device cannot be opened twice for writing, that is,
protected by GEOM.

Nikos