On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 9:55 PM 宋立杰 <friendjane2...@icloud.com> wrote:

> > 在 2021年4月25日,19:08,Li-Wen Hsu <lw...@freebsd.org> 写道:
> >

> > I didn't see behavior before, previously if there is no ue0 found,
> > other than usbconfig set_config, I use `/usr/local/sbin/usbmuxd -U
> > root -f` from usbmuxd pkg.
> >
> > For iOS 14, this patch is needed
> > https://cgit.freebsd.org/src/commit/?id=2076350d801b81f570850cea7e701388d8709cfb
> > but from the report it still compatiable for iOS 13. I'm not sure if
> > reverting it helps or not.
> >
> > Does it work with previous versions (12.2-RELEASE, 13.0-RELEASE, or
> > older 12.2-STABLE), or other OS?
> >
> > Best,
> > Li-Wen
>
> Yes, there is no ue0. And I made a mistake, it is 12.2-RELEASE other than
> STABLE. Sorry for that. Do I need to install STABLE to keep up with the
> newest development?
>
> This time usbmuxd works, but why it has to run in foreground? And what’s the
> difference to usb_config?
> And running in background, I can get DHCP offer this time, but I still can’t
> ping to any website, “The network is down”. Why?
>
> Best wishes,
> A BSD newbie

Please don't forget CC the list unless there is sensitive information,
the discussion may also help others.

For iOS 14, that patch is needed so if Apple did the same change in
the newer iOS 13 branch, upgrading to 12.2-STABLE is necessary. You
can also upgrade to 13.0-RELEASE if you want to keep tracking
-RELEASE.

You can exit usbmuxd when you see ue0 is available. TBH I don't check
the details in those tools.

If you can get an IP from DHCP, but cannot do any transmission, that's
exactly the same behavior on iOS 14 without that patch so upgrading to
a newer version might help.

Best,
Li-Wen