Hello!

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, Stephan Koenig wrote:
Does anyone know of an easy way to get temperature information out of
a Dell PowerEdge 1550/1650/1750/1850/2650/2850 running FreeBSD4/5/6?

Something that has a very simple CLI that just outputs the temperature
without any formatting, or a library/sysctl, would be ideal.

 If ACPI doesn't report it for you via sysctl (somewhere under hw.acpi tree -
look for "temp" string there), it all depends on monitoring chips which are
used for those machines. These chips usually aren't part of the main chipset,
are available via SMBus / LPC (ex-ISA), and can even be different on the
different batches of the same MB (I've seen it on Intel desktop MB).
You can just try sysutils/healthd port, possible with my patch:

ftp://external.atlantis.dp.ua/FreeBSD/healthd/0.7.9/patch-IntelDeskBoards.v04

which adds support for the following monitoring chips: Analog Devices ADM1025,
SMSC LPC47M1x2, and National Semiconductors LM85.

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator
e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]