Hello!

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Robert Watson wrote:
I think this is a useful activity, especially if you've already run extensive memory testing on the box. If you haven't yet done that, I encourage you to take a break from buildworld's and make sure the memory tests pass. I spent several months on and off trying to track down a bug a few years ago, which turned out to be a one bit error in memory on the box. It would appear and

 This is precisely the task which hardware ECC solves: to correct any single-
bit memory error and to detect 2-bit and most of several-bit errors. I prefer
ECC-capable hardware even for home PC; for server it's a must IMHO.

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator
e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]