Martin Nilsson wrote:
Just an observation.

All the boxes I've had this problem on have _two_ em interfaces. I have never seen it on my boxes with just one em NIC.

The error is always em0 timeout - never em1 (I haven't seen any!)

Yesterday my local network got completely wacky, the gateway had em0 timeouts on the screen: but em0 is the _outside_ the windows box that I had to reboot was attached to the inside on em1!

Could there be something wrong in the driver if we have more than one em interface?

Regards,
Martin

Multiple instances of the driver have no knowledge of each other.
Nothing between them is shared.  Even if they share an interrupt,
it is a detail that is hidden.

Scott